Our 2018 speakers have been selected! Thank you to everyone who applied.
What is a TEDx Talk?
A TEDx Talk is a showcase for speakers presenting great, well-formed ideas in a short, well-rehearsed talk. TEDxYDL talks will be approximately 8 minutes long. Here are some ideas of what a TEDx talk could be.
What isn’t a TEDx Talk?
- No selling from the stage.
- No political agendas.
- No religious proselytizing (including new age beliefs).
- Only good science.
Important Dates for Speakers
- Sunday, July 29: Deadline to submit speaker application
**Deadline extended until Sunday, August 5, 11:59pm**
- Week of August 6: Invitations to speak extended to selected speakers. Please confirm promptly to avoid losing your spot!
- Monday, August 27: Completed draft of your talk due for consultation with writing coaches
- September 10-21: Two mandatory rehearsal sessions will be scheduled in these two weeks
- Wednesday, September 26, 6:30-9pm: Mandatory dress rehearsal
- Thursday, September 27, 7-9pm: The big night!