Speaker applications are closed, and applicants will be notified of their status before August 10.
We are thrilled to have found 10 fantastic speakers for TEDxYDL! We’ll be revealing their names soon.
What is a TEDx Talk?
A TEDx Talk is a showcase for speakers presenting great, well-formed ideas in a short, well-rehearsed talk. TEDxYDL talks will be approximately 8 minutes long. Here are some ideas of what a TEDx talk could be.
What isn’t a TEDx Talk?
- No selling from the stage.
- No political agendas.
- No religious proselytizing (including new age beliefs).
- Only good science.
Important Dates for Speakers
- Sunday, July 29: Deadline to submit speaker application
**Deadline extended until Sunday, August 5, 11:59pm**
- Week of August 6: Invitations to speak extended to selected speakers. Please confirm promptly to avoid losing your spot!
- Monday, August 27: Completed draft of your talk due for consultation with writing coaches
- September 10-21: Two mandatory rehearsal sessions will be scheduled in these two weeks
- Wednesday, September 26, 6:30-9pm: Mandatory dress rehearsal
- Thursday, September 27, 7-9pm: The big night!